Yes! iPage stands by their product and customer service by offering a money-back guarantee.
I’ll put it simply:
- You can cancel anytime within the first 30 days and get your money back.
- If you wait until after the first 30 days, and ask to cancel, it’s still no problem. Let’s say you sign up to iPage today, and then 4 months from now, you decide to cancel. Of course you can’t get 100% of your money back – however, iPage will give you a pro-rated refund. So, you’ll get a refund for the unused remainder of months on your account. This is possible because iPage bills yearly. So if you cancelled after 4 months, you’d get a refund for 8 months you didn’t use.
- It’s easy to move your website and domain to any other host if you decide you don’t like iPage. You have full control and there’s no shenanigans.
- iPage now offers VPS and Dedicated Server hosting plans so you can upgrade to high-end hosting if your website grows significantly in the future, so you won’t have to deal with migration to another host just because your site is becoming popular.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Give iPage a try today – they just lowered their price from
$9.99/mo down to $2.75/mo for a seasonal sale. I’m not sure when the sale ends, so better strike while the iron is hot, so to speak! 🙂
Still on the fence about iPage?
Would you prefer a monthly payment option instead of having to pay for 12 months or more up front?
How about a 45-day money back guarantee instead of only 30?
…then you may want to check out eHost in my new review. They’re a little less cheap than iPage’s current introductory sale price, however, the value for money is terrific in my opinion.
More About iPage’s Service
iPage is one of the most popular budget/affordable hosting services, and as you saw above, it’s currently available for just a couple bucks a month! That’s one of the lowest price points out there right now, and they’re a reliable company with a proven track record since 1998.
For a very low price, you will get all the services you need to start building your own professionally-run website, including:
Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
Free domain name
Unlimited MySQL databases and email accounts
Site builder of your choice
Scripts and applications installer
More add-on services to spice up your site
Free ad credits on Google, Facebook, and Yahoo!
As an iPage client, you’re also assured of the best web hosting experience and an assurance that you’ll be satisfied with their services. Otherwise, you can just get your money back.
When buying a product or service, having a money-back guarantee will make you feel more at ease because if something goes wrong or if you’re not satisfied with the product or service, you can always refund your payment. Most money-back guarantees have a time limit, like 15 days or a maximum of 30 days (or a month’s time).
Money-back guarantees are a common feature for many web hosting providers, and it’s offered to customers to gain credibility. It only shows how confident a company can be with what they’re selling. A money-back guarantee increases a company’s chance of grabbing the attention of many prospects, as this method lowers the risk of the customer’s investment, particularly since they’re not fully committed to the company until they’re fully satisfied.
Web hosting companies have different terms when it comes to money-back guarantees, but they usually require prior notice from the customer. They also differ in how much you’ll be able to refund, as well as the period in which the guarantee will be effective.
Here are the common reasons people decide to discontinue subscription:
- Setup and compatibility issues
- Disinterested in the website
- Decline in the number of customers
- Business closure
- Lack of budget
iPage Money-Back Guarantee
With iPage, you can cancel your hosting account and get your money back anytime you want. If it’s after 30 days, you get a prorated refund instead of full refund. Take note that an ideal web hosting company should NOT hold on to you if you’re not satisfied or no longer interested in their services. So if you decide to discontinue your iPage account after 35 days or so, you can still get a refund.
Cancellation and money-back guarantee is a part of the agreement.
iPage Anytime Money-Back Guarantee: How it Works
iPage value customer feedback – both positive and negative – so they can improve their services for the better. That’s why, compared to other web hosting companies, they offer an Anytime Money Back Guarantee on all their web hosting plans. This simply means you won’t have to invest in a lock-in period when you decide to subscribe with them.
iPage’s Anytime Money Back Guarantee also allows you to cancel your subscriptions without a deadline, in contrast with most traditional money-back guarantees offered by other companies wherein you only have a maximum of 30 days to refund your payment.
The Fine Print
With all that said, one questions comes into mind: “So what’s the fine print? iPage’s money-back guarantee sounds too good to be true!” What you need to remember here is that most money-back guarantees would only refund the amount which you’ve paid for the remaining monthly services that you originally subscribed for. This means that you won’t get your entire investment back even if you file for a refund.
Web hosting is a costly endeavor and since you’ve already used iPage’s service for a certain period of time, they are entitled to deduct the fee of the months which you’ve already used up.
Here are some important pointers regarding iPage’s Anytime Money Back Guarantee:
- The Anytime Money Back Guarantee has no time limit but it only gives you a partial refund (i.e. payment for the supposed months left on your subscription).
- iPage does, however, give full refunds for your hosting fees if you file for money-back within 30 days of your initial subscription.
- There is a $15 domain fee once you’ve filed for money-back. This is to cover iPage’s costs, as well as for the purpose to which you can continue to keep your existing domain name for future use with another hosting company.
- Prior to asking for your money-back though, ensure that you get the proper support first and see if your problem with iPage can be resolved by one of their knowledgeable support staff. Sometimes, it is better to give them your feedback as most technical or speed issues can be promptly given solution to.
There are times when a problem can be resolved that may no longer require you to unsubscribe. With iPage, you will be redirected to a customer service to see whether or not the reason you want to ask for a money-back can be resolved.
Again, iPage doesn’t lock you up into a strict payment scheme that could last for years. Some web hosting providers advertise a very low rate which can be quite tempting. But the thing is, the low monthly fees can only be applied to those who subscribe to them for a certain number of months.
The problem arises when you find out that their services are either sub-standard or unsatisfactory, but you’re unable to quit as easily as when you’re with iPage because you’re stuck with another company’s payment scheme and your money is already on the line.
See Also: Not sure yet? My full, in-depth review of iPage has everything you need to decide yes or no and get on with your day.